I'm writing this on the train on the way to the Loire Valley for a long weekend of cycling between chateaux and vineyards. Sounds idyllic, if not somewhat misguided seeing as I have always had little patience (or for that matter capacity) for cycling :S... To report back!
Anyway, even if I haven't been writing much since my trip to Normandy, I've sure been reading..! Here are some of my favourites from the past few weeks:
// L I N K S //
- Paris is absolutely deserted at moment and I love it!!
- My favourite yoga teacher is holding a yoga and safari retreat in Kenya. I would LOVE to go but this time I can't quite justify the cost :(
- I love smoothie bowls
- Melbourne is extending it's 24 hour public transport trials - do you think it will be permanent by the time I go back??? (And how cool is 24 hour transport?)
- Have you ever heard of a brookie?
- Coconut water icy-poles
- The cutest spoons on Etsy
- Did you know that Emma Watson has her own feminist bookclub?
- I'm slowly trying to make my ways through all of these awesome (and slightly off the beaten track) Paris recommendations
- I'm not sure how seriously (I want) to take this, seeing as dry shampoo has basically added hours back to the lives of busy women the world over... (via The First Mess)
// R E A D I N G //
- Extremely loud and incredibly close - Jonathan Safran Foer: I just finished reading (listening to) this heart-warming and quirky story about a boy who loses his father during September 11. Very different to the first book I read by this author (Eating Animals) but just as captivating. It's the kind of book I can imagine getting even more from the second read
// W A T C H I N G //
- While I was in Normandy I started watching Homeland (I know, I know, very slow on the uptake..) and I am totally hooked. Last night I finished Season 2, although I'm not sure I will be as captivated if a certain character really has left!! :(
// E X P L O R I N G //
- My intention to see as much of France as I can while I live here seems to be sticking. After checking out Normandy and the Loire this month, I just booked trips to Lyon and Brittany in November. Tips are always highly appreciated!! :D